How To Disable Xbox Game Bar
Game DVT is a built-in Windows 10 tool that helps you record screen and games in the background. After you have done recording it saves the file in the Game DVR capture folder so that you can view it later or can upload it. If you are a gamer then for you it is a very handy feature. Game DVR does take up the system resources and it is quite easy to accidently launch the application. And if you are not a gamer then you can easily disable it. Given below are the steps to disable Game DVR on windows 10.
1. Use PC settings app options to disable Game DVR
The Pc setting app has the options to disable game DVR and game bar. What you to do is only toggle a switch and you are good to go.
- Click the keyboard shortcut win + 1 to open the PC settings app. Or you can click on the PC settings icon appearing on the left bar in the start menu.
- In the PC settings app, go to the gaming and then game bar page.
- On the right panel, toggle the switch under ‘record game clips, screenshots and broadcast using game bar’ to off position.
2. Group policy method
You can also use the group policy editor to disable game DVR. This method is useful if you are on a network or looking to manage multiple computers.
- In the run dialog box, write gpedit.msc and click on OK. This action will open up the group policy editor.
- In the group policy editor, you have to go to the following folder. Or you can also use the left panel’s folder tree to navigate.Computer configuration > administrative template > windows components > windows game recording and broadcasting.
- Now, you will find a single policy. Double click on the ‘enable or disable windows game recording and broadcasting’ policy
- Click on disabled in the policy properties window. Then select apply and ok buttons to save the changes.
- Now, reboot windows to make the changes take effect.
3. Disable game DVR via Registry
Windows 10 user can use the registry editor to disable the game bar. Before you edit the registry, back it up so that you can restore it whenever needed.
- Open the start menu, search regedit and click on the result to open Registry Editor.
- In the registry editor. You have to copy the below path and paste it in the address bar then press enter. This will take you to the target key.
- Now right click on the windows folder appearing on the left panel and select new then key.
- Name the new folder as game DVR.
- Now, select the folder which you created, right-click on the panel and select new then DWORD (32- bit) value.
- Then name the DWORD as AllowgameDVR.
- Double click on the allowgameDVR value, write 0 on the Value data field and click on Ok.
- Reboot windows to apply the changes.
After restarting the windows, the Game DVR will be completely disabled.
Given above are the 3 ways to disable game DVR and game bar on windows 10. Use the method of your choice. Hope this article is helpful to you and solves the error quickly.