Online classes have taken a solid place in the lives of students and teachers simultaneously nowadays. You just can’t ignore this part of education if you are a 21st-century mentor. However, the challenges of managing an online class and teaching students through it is definitely more than the physical ones. You are always struggling to keep your lectures more active, interesting and worth attending, not to forget the challenge of maintaining the attention span of your students! So, here comes a helpful guide full of tips to manage your online classes.
- Use some fantastic teacher apps — Half of your struggle as a teacher of an online class is automatically resolved if you use some fantastic teacher apps. These teacher apps not only provide you with a robust platform to host your lectures for free, but you can even make your classes interesting through them. Choose the applications that let you use the artificial intelligence support swiftly. You can also present your PPT files and other personal collection through some additional software in the application that further grabs the attention of your students. Then the video links leading to smooth fluctuations from the lecture to the source also enhance the learning process. You can even use additional animatic quizzes and contests through these teacher apps which are really great sources for the student’s faster learning experience.
- Create a schedule beforehand — If you really intend to manage your online classes properly, ensure that you are creating a proper schedule beforehand. This will not only organise all your lectures according to the chapters and portion to complete but will also give you ample time to cover some leftover portion or backlogs. Also, make it a point to share their schedule with your students in advance so that even they are ready for the classes beforehand.
- Create a Co-operative relationship with your students — One of the biggest challenges that the teachers of online classes face is not having a proper rapport with their students. Since the students are not watching you physically, they do not relate to your lectures properly and that is why you get poor results in the examinations. But if you really want to improve this, then create a very cooperative relationship with your students. Ensure you are giving them a free hand in the class so that they can speak their heart out if they have any issues in your lectures.
- Keep your lectures, information and files secure — Another issue that you might be facing while taking online classes is securing and safeguarding your data, information of your students and presentation files. If these are hindered in any way, you face a lot of issues with your students and even interruptions in your lectures. So, utilise the teacher apps that will provide you maximum security so that all your data is saved over there without a
- Use the upgraded technology in the class — The latest technological upgrades can be called a boon for education. You can use all the technological advances to make your classes interesting. One of these examples is utilising the whiteboard for sharing your files and videos in a more interactive way. This captivates the attention of your students in the class and enhances the learning experience.