Windows 10 is the most used operating system that takes into account various salient features. But since, everything is not perfect, it also has certain defects in it. One of these defects is the windows 10 keyboard not functioning in the proper manner. Thus, users often have to face a lot of problem owing to this and they search for various options regarding the same. The possible reasons for the same are-
1. Your keyboard is damaged.
The damage to the keyboard can cause issues when you’re trying to use your keyboard. Especially in the case of an USB keyboard, make sure to check both the body and the connecting cable for any signs of damage.
2. Your battery is low.
If you use a wireless keyboard, ensure that the battery is charged. If you find that there is need to change the battery, do that as soon as possible.
3. Your drivers are missing or outdated.
Driver updates are needed to make sure your computer parts all function as intended, even if they aren’t natively supported by Microsoft. Sometimes when the driver is not updated, you have to encounter these types of problems a lot.
4. You’re using the wrong USB port.
It’s possible that you’ve plugged your keyboard into a USB port it’s not compatible with. You may also have a damaged USB port that needs to be replaced.
5. Your power settings are poorly configured.
Windows 10 has many power saving options. Sometimes, the settings do not let the keyboard keys to function in the proper manner.
6. Window10’s Filter Key bug.
There’s a known bug in Windows 10’s Filter Key feature which causes issues with typing on the login screen. Thus, the updated to the Windows 10 can solve this problem and in turn your keyboard will also start function in the regular manner.
7. A new major Windows 10 update.
Sometimes major Windows 10 updates can break things on your computer.
But, you do not have to worry at all, because we have listed little method by which this problem can easily be solved. So, try the following methods to get rid of the issue.
Solution 1- Check keyboard not working is a hard ware or soft ware issue
The first thing you need to do is to check whether there is any hard ware or soft ware issue? To check it, you need to follow the steps given below-
- When the laptop starts up.
- Press a special key that can be F2, F8, F12, Delete, etc. to go to the BIOS screen.
- If you fail to boot to BIOS, there could be a hardware issue.
- You need to carry your laptop to a professional or specialist to ask for help.
- If you can open the BIOS menu and use the arrow keys to navigate, the non-working keyboard may be caused by a software issue. If the issue is not solved, then you need to follow the steps given below.
Solution 2- Clean the keyboard
- Step 1: Shut down the device.
- Step 2: Turn it upside down and tap on the base. When the laptop is upside down, run your fingers through all the keys to remove the residuary dirt.
Solution 3- Update or Reinstall the keyboard driver
- Step 1: Right-click on the Start button to choose Device Manager.
- Step 2: Scroll down to choose Keyboards. Right-click on Standard PS/2 Keyboard, choose Update driver and automatically search for updated driver software to install. Alternatively, you can click Uninstall device to remove the driver. After rebooting, the driver will be reinstalled instantly.
Solution 4- Disable filter keys
- Step 1: In the Control Panel interface (displayed by Category), click Ease of Access and Ease of Access Center.
- Step 2: Click the Make the keyboard easier to use
- Step 3: Scroll down to ensure the checkbox of Turn on Filter Keysisn’t ticked. Then, click Apply and OK.
Solution 5- Run the troubleshooter
- Step 1: Go to Start > Settings > Update & Security.
- Step 2: In the Troubleshootpage, scroll down to find the Keyboard section, and choose Run the Trouble shooter. Besides, you can run the trouble shooter for Hardware and Devices.
So, there are some of the ways to fix your laptop not working in Windows 10. These ways to should be used judicially and with care and caution and you should also take into account that all the files and documents are saved and backed up so that you do not have to lose them in any manner. Thus, now you do not have to face any such problem and can enjoy your laptop without any inconvenience.