Most of you must have checked out such movie scenes where the whole picture is in red and yellow color. If you have seen that then it’s considered as thermal imaging also known as Thermal Optics.
Thermal optics uses various types of strategies and products such as thermal vision binoculars and more.
After having a look at such products the only thing comes to our mind is, how do these products work?
If you are also having this question in your mind, then you are at the right place. As here we are going to discuss everything you need to know about thermal imaging and much more related stuff.
What is thermal optics?
With the help of thermal optics you would be able to notice heat radiations out of objects. The basic formula behind working on thermal optics is to figure out the temperature of various objects in a frame and then assigning them a specific shade based on the temperature.
Such products offer different types of shades based on temperature, which means if you are dealing with a colder object then you would be able to notice colored shades like blue, purple or green.
While for objects with higher heat you would be able to notice color shades like red, orange, and yellow.
How does thermal optics work?
Firstly, the thermal cameras and products figure out the temperature of a product by using infrared light capturing tactic. Although you won’t be able to see this light through naked eyes, but you can definitely feel the heat on the basis of its intensity.
The hotter the object, the more infrared radiation it produces.
Thermal cameras just capture this radiation and convert it into an image form. Microbolometers are the major items of these thermal cameras with the help of which users can capture infrared light.
Each microbolometer consists of 1 pixel and that is the reason why the resolution of such cameras is lower than the normal ones.
It’s noticed that even a good resolution thermal camera has around 640×480 resolution.
How is it different from night vision?
With the help of a thermal camera you would be able to get better access to find out people and objects around you. But if you are someone who just wants the quality to be able to see easily in the night, then a night vision camera is the option for you.
Although thermal optic products or thermal optics is a form of night vision only. So both things have a lot of similarities.
The most used products developed using thermal optics:
Here are some of the most used products developed using thermal optics which are as follows:
- Thermal Binoculars: The first and most used products developed using thermal optics are the thermal binoculars with the help of these binoculars you would be able to see objects on the basis of their temperature from a longer distance.
Not only that, they come in various sizes from which you can pick the most appropriate option as per your requirements.
- Thermal Clip on System: If you don’t want to invest in a complete product then you can use thermal clip on systems, which can be used above or as an attachment to some products.
There are a number of sites from where you can check and buy similar products.
Interesting facts about Thermal Optics:
There are a number of interesting facts about thermal optics which you don’t know, which are as follows:
- You must not be knowing that thermal scopes come with a detector resolution which indicates the number of pixels of the scope camera. We have already discussed that such products don’t have a good resolution, hence you should always try to keep a higher number of pixels for the best possible output.
- There are various types of focus assistance provided with the thermal optics products. You would be able to get fixed focus, manual focus which you can change anytime, while the final option is laser assisted autofocus with the help of which the product will focus automatically.
- Some thermal imaging products can offer you adjustable lenses with the help of which you can make changes in the outcomes. In case if you are able to notice that a regular lens is unable to offer you the right outcomes then you should move forward with adjustable lenses.
- Here is the latest integration you can get with thermal optic products and that is to save images. With the help of this feature you would be able to save the final thermal images in various forms easily.
This was all you need to know about thermal optics. Here we discussed thermal binoculars and many more such products linked with it.