Definition of YouTube thumbnail
These are the book covers of the online video world. A video thumbnail allows you to view quick snapshot of your video when you are browsing YouTube. After uploading a video on YouTube you are given 3 options to select.
Importance of YouTube Thumbnail.
A good YouTube thumbnail attracts people and your followers to watch your video. There while choosing a thumbnail just keep in mind that it should have high quality , attention grabbing as it will be shown in the Google search results. Also make sure that you optimize both the title and the thumbnail to make it exceptional.
The perfect size of YouTube Thumbnail.
The first thing to know is the right size of YouTube thumbnail. As per Google the YouTube thumbnail dimensions have a resolution of 1280 X 720 with a minimum width of 640 pixels. The thumbnail may look small when you see it in searches but it will expand to the same size of the original video when it is shown as a suggestion for the next watch. The expected ration is the width of the image relative to its tallness. The ideal ratio is 16:9 as it is used most often in YouTube players. You have to decrease the size of thumbnail if it is more than 2MB. Upload YouTube thumbnail as JPG, GIF, BMP or in PNG format. If you don’t have this format then you have to convert your file.
To change a thumbnail on YouTube.
- Click on your profile picture in the upper right corner then select your channel.
- Click on the videos button to see all the uploaded videos. Then select the video which you want to edit.
- Click on the edit video button.
- Now you will find three automatically generated thumbnails at the bottom of the screen. Then click on the image you want it as a thumbnail. Then click on save.
How to make YouTube Thumbnail
1.Take a screenshot from your video.
If you don’t have a selected picture then you can take a screenshot from your video and use it as your thumbnail. This screenshot will attract the viewers to have a look in your video. You need to use good resolutions for your image.
2. Create a YouTube Thumbnail with free tools.-
- creating thumbnails with the help of adobe spark.
- click on the template labeled YouTube Thumbnail and then click on next to create the best YouTube thumbnail size.
- Now, you have to choose images from your video for a thumbnail background. it should be bright and clear which you can upload photos from your device, Google photo, creative cloud or drop box account.
- It will allow you to add eye catching styles and fonts which will make your thumbnail attractive.
- After completing the edit you can download image and upload it and use it as your thumbnail.
In this article you will find everything you need to know about YouTube thumbnail. It will make you a master in making YouTube thumbnail. YouTube is a competitive background for the people who are video marketers. And adding a thumbnail which looks totally different will lead you to success.