If you plan on creating a video presentation, you will need to go through a few crucial decisions. The first thing it involves is finding the right format that suits your purpose. Other elements, including the length and breadth, style, and tools, follow after. Here are our collective resources to help you make a simple yet effective video presentation.
Types of Video Presentations
You can choose from a plethora of presentation formats that will serve your purpose. Below are some of the most useful types of video presentations. It would be best if you weighed the pros and cons of these formats before you can settle on a particular one.
- Recorded Video Presentation: Comparatively, one of the more straightforward presentation methods is recording it beforehand in a video. Starting from experts to the novice in the field – everyone finds it easy yet effective. As the presentation is pre-recorded, you can take practical advantages like redoing a section if any mistake occurs. You can take time to polish your part to your expectation. The best part of pre-recording is that it lets you take total control of your presentation. The option to shuffle sections as per your liking is a boon for many people.
However, a recorded video presentation has its drawbacks. The cost of the set-up is high. You may have to avail of specialized services for video production. There remains the issue of obtaining recording and publishing rights for this type of presentation. However, the flexibility and quality of a recorded video may outweigh the cons for your requirements.
- Instruction Presentations: This presentation format is usually taken when there is a complicated subject matter for discussion. The presenter or the instructor, in this case, relies heavily on the visual aid. For instance, slideshows can help to guide the audience through a process or organize a chunk of information into small containers. The use of these strategic visual tools reduces the massive impact of a complex subject on the audience. Nonetheless, this format is not free from constraints. The significant difficulty it poses is in terms of time. Creating expressive visuals is not only time consuming but requires experience too. A good slideshow maker might mitigate these restrictions quite positively. Presenters usually do not use this type of format for short presentations.
- Webinar Presentations: Unlike the recorded video presentation, a webinar or a web conference happens in real-time. This type of presentation includes an online screen where the video of the presenter is shown simultaneously with the content. Particularly sectors like marketing and e-learning take advantage of this format. The capacity to broadcast multiple channels at the same time keeps the flow of information remarkably consistent. Sometimes there is a feedback channel to submit comments and respond to them. Thus, the real-time feature makes webinar presentations interactive. But, it also increases the possibility of technical issues during a live broadcast session. Moreover, webinar presentations are comparatively less flexible.
- Storytelling Presentations: This presentation type is hugely beneficial for networking and other events and conferences. Storytelling format has the inherent quality to seek attention. Therefore, lengthy subjects are presented via this type of presentation. The inclusion of a Q&A session after the main presentation can also increase audience engagement. However, this format requires the presenter to be more dynamic with their content.
- Interactive Video Presentations: While a webinar is an interactive way to present your content, using a dedicated interactive format increases the audience’s activity. The set up requires additional media support that provides content access to the presenter and audience simultaneously. Despite the technical hurdles, interactive video presentation merges the dual advantages of live and webinar presentations.
Tips for Simple and Effective Presentations
Selecting a presentation format is to go only halfway through the journey. The part of execution remains. Numerous little elements have to be gathered together for an effective video presentation.
- Find the Right Script: You need to find the right script for your topic of presentation. Without a relevant script, a presentation becomes haphazard; the audience loses their attention. Your video script should maintain a natural flow of language. The contents of the presentation must be positioned cohesively throughout the script.
- Have a Strong Opening: The first section of a video presentation creates a significant impression on the audience. Moreover, the audience is much more attentive in the initial stage. Hence, ensure that you pack the critical points in the front. Later, you may develop your ideas gradually.
- Be Mindful of the Length: A long video presentation develops monotony in the audience. It fails the purpose of the presentation. Even interesting topics can result in boring content if the presenter loses track of time. You may optimize your content beforehand to keep it brief.
- Keep it Dynamic: Another useful strategy is to keep your video presentation dynamic. A brief video can become lifeless if you do not create a vibrant and energetic feel. Customizing the animation, transition effect, fonts, designs, and layouts can refresh your video presentations. An online video editor can take care of all of these requirements.
- Maintain the Quality: While it is a great idea to frontload your quality points, you should be consistent with the presentation quality throughout the entire video. The quality of the presentation must be maintained by giving attention to content and video production. By using high-quality equipment and video editing tools, you can create an excellent presentation.
- Sum Up Your Argument: A lack of cohesiveness in the video produces a sense of unfulfillment in the audience. You can start the presentation strong and add all the bells and whistles, but failing to summarize your argument will demonstrate your lack of connection with the subject. The audience seldom retains such content even if it is wrapped in a fantastic visual format. Ensure that you add a summary of your content at the end of the video.
The audience responds to a medium that is visually striking and comprehensive at the same time. So, craft these strategies in a video to produce an exciting presentation.