Firefox or the Mozilla Firefox is one of the most widely used web browser and is often the first choice of many users not only in India, but almost anywhere in the world. The reason why it is loved and used by users is because it is free and is open source also. But, there are a variety of issues that are attached to the Firefox also and one such error that is most often experienced by the users in PR _ CONNECT _ RESET _ ERROR. The reason of this error appearing on the screen is that when the user tries to connect certain web servers with the help of Firefox, but is not able to do so. You are not able to access it and this error pop out on your screen.
What causes PR _ CONNCT _ RESET _ ERROR?
Not many of you are aware of the reason of such error but you do not have to worry at all because we have listed a few ways to tackle with the problem and also to get the reason behind it. Some of the issues of this error are as follows-
This does not establish a connection between the end-user and the web server thus interrupts the connection between the two while the users are attempting to get access on it.
There are some temporary files that causes hindrance and other such issues and problems in the web browser and you get to see the error.
This particular thing brings interruption between the end-user and the web server and a false positive may cause this behaviour.
Sometimes VPN or the proxy are the reasons why you are not able to access the web server and are able to connect with it.
It prevents you from accessing some web servers from certain locations.
How to fix this error?
There are various ways to get rid of this error and some of them are listed below-
Solution- I- Clear cache
The best method to get rid of the error is to clear caches on the computer. Sometimes, the issue is experienced due to the presence of unwanted files and caches that are not good for the computer. In this situation, you first step should be to clear all the caches. To do this, you need to follow the steps given below-
- Make sure all the Firefox tabs are closed (except for the new tab)
- Click on the actionbutton in the upper right corner of the window.
- Choose Optionsfrom the menu appeared.
- Go to the Settingsmenu and select Privacy & Security from the left sidebar.
- Scroll down in the right pane to find Cookies and Site Data
- Click on the Clear Data
- Uncheck Cookies and Site Dataand check Cached Web Content.
- Click Clearand wait for it to complete.
- Restart the computer.
Solution- II- Uninstall the third party firewall
The presence of the third party firewall sometimes hinders the web browser and creates such problem. Thus, you need uninstall all the third party firewall from the computer and get rid of the issue. To do, this, you need to follow the steps given below-
- Open Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a programlink under the Programs option.
- Scroll down to find the 3rd party firewall you have installed.
- Click it and choose Uninstallfrom the menu bar (you can also choose it from the context menu).
- Follow the instructions to uninstall the firewall completely.
- Reboot your PC.
Solution III- Disable VPN or proxy
The next fix is to disable VPN or proxy in the computer and after the problem is solved you can enable them easily also. So, to do the same, you need to follow the steps given below-
How to remove VPN client:
- Open Control Panel.
- Click Programsfrom the menu.
- ClickPrograms and Features.
- Scroll down the installed programs list to look for the active VPN client you’re deploying
- Select it and click Uninstall.
- Finish the rest steps to uninstall the client completely.
How to remove proxy server:
- PressWindows + I to open Settings.
- Select Network & Internet.
- Shift to Proxyfrom the left sidebar.
- Look for the Manual proxy setup section in the right pane.
- Switch the toggle ofUse a proxy server to Off.
Solution IV- Disable the TCP protocol filtering
TCP protocol filtering is sometimes the major reason why the error is seen whenever you try to connect other web serves to Firefox, for this you need to make sure that the TCP protocol filtering is disabled so that you enjoy the service without any interruption. To do this, you need to follow the steps given below-
- Launch the ESET Antivirus Software
- Click Advanced.
- Select Web and Email.
- Look for Protocol Filtering.
- Click the Plus sign beside it to expand the menu.
- Slide to Disable button next to Enable application protocol content filtering.
- Click OK.
Solution V- Try Using different network
Sometimes the problem occurs due to the presence of a network on the laptop that is not suited for it. So, try using a different network to get rid of the issue.
So, above mentioned are some of the fixes or the solutions that you should try to get rid of the issues. Though, by following one step you will definitely get rid of the issue. But if you are not able to do so, you can try going to the subsequent steps and get rid of the issue.